Re: [linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 0.9.8 released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 0.9.8 released
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 16:39:52 EEST

Daniel James wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance, because I'm not a keyboard player, but isn't it
> easier just to hit the keys a bit harder? I think that's the
> traditional method of modifying velocity in real time : )
>
> Cheers
>
> Daniel

It's not necessarily a keyboard *player* thing. It might be a keyboard
thing. Many older keybaords were not velocity sensitive and all key
presses are given the same MIDI velocity. (50? 128? Who knows?) ;-)

Sometimes you want the velocity shifted up, sometimes down. It depends
on what keyboard and what synth.