Re: [linux-audio-user] Yamaha UX-256

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Yamaha UX-256
From: Emiliano Grilli (emiliano.grilli_AT_poste.it)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 15:08:23 EEST

mercoledė, 26 maggio 2004 alle 13:54:45, §t3 ha scritto:
> Ok, I've loaded the snd-usb-audio: now the ux256 works! Great!
> But now...no audio at all !
> Ok, I tried to load the snd-intel8x0 (it's my audiocard's module)
> manually, it loads, kmix can see the card, but I ca hear no audio (I've
> controlled levels), then I tried to run again alsaconf: it detects my
> card but...no sound. Something isn't working, and if I try to run
> alsamixer, I get no mixer but the following output: no mixer elems
> found. I think now alsa is recognizing just the ux256.
> Have you a solution?

The channels are muted by default, and if you first loaded the
snd-usb-audio module, this becomes your first (aka default) card.
Try "alsamixer -c1" and unmute the "pcm" and "master" channels.

But if you set the audio card as first ALSA card and the usb midi card as
the second, it would probably be better...
With something like this in /etc/modules.conf :

alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss