Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Questions
From: Bryan Jurish (moocow_AT_ling.uni-potsdam.de)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 23:35:02 EEST

On 26 May 2004 at 12:00:51, Ryan appears to have written:
> On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 07:35, Chris Share wrote:

[snip]

> > My second question concerns audio hardware. Here at the SARC I have
> > access to a Digi 002r audio/MIDI interface which uses Firewire. I can't
> > find any information about this interface and was wondering if it was
> > possible to use it with Linux.
>
> Possible... anything is. Likely/easy certainly not. M-audio for
> low-end cheaper, RME for high end spensive.

i know nothing about firewire audio under linux, but my
(unsolicited) advice is to stay away from m-audio : their
usb devices Just Plain Don't Work under kernel 2.6, and
the company has no plans to actively support linux
themselves... bummer for me as someone who bought a
Quattro, but maybe it'll save someone else some headaches...

marmosets,
        Bryan