[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Specimen 0.2.9 Released ("I'm Not Dead Yet")

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Specimen 0.2.9 Released ("I'm Not Dead Yet")
From: Pete Bessman (ninjadroid_AT_gazuga.net)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 09:46:49 EEST

Howdy folks!

The newest version of Specimen is available for immediate download from
www.gazuga.net (direct: http://www.gazuga.net/specimen-0.2.9.tar.gz).
Features include:

* A piano for graphically asigning note ranges

* A very happenin' bank building interface that uses an embedded File
  Chooser (gtk+-2.4 required for this)

* LASH/LADCCA support

* Extensive repairs, most notably to the waveform display (it's alias-
  free) and the panning code (it works).

* A completely revamped audio rendering system

* Sundry cleanups and fixes

Many thanks to Loki Davison, the new and official co-developer, for his
fabulous contributions to this release, and for bitch-slapping me into
getting back to work on this code (rather than piddling around with
vaporware).

Stay tuned for more...

[pb]

--
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
limited resources that it is only employed commonly by small children and