[linux-audio-user] XRuns with the Audiophile 24/96 M-Audio

Subject: [linux-audio-user] XRuns with the Audiophile 24/96 M-Audio
From: Remi Bernhard (rgbmlist2_AT_free.fr)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 10:44:15 EEST

Hello,

I read a lot a great thing about the audiophile 24/96 on the net, and i
decided to buy it to get better latency than my old sblive! I just
received the audiophile 24/96 and unfortunatly, i have a lot of XRuns
with when i run jackd.

I already tried the following :

- i changed irq (several changes : irq5, then irq 10)
- Disable nearly all the inboard harware (serial port, parallel port,
usb)
- i changed the Pci port
- i tried to run jackd as root
- i even tried to raise buffer at big values : 512, 1024, and even there
i have some (1 or 2) xruns
- i'm now trying with kernel 2.6.6 to see if things are better

Hardware :
  MSI K7N2Delta MB
  Athlon 2400
  Nvidia Geforce 4mmx
  Audiophile 24/96 M-Audio

Sofware :
  Debian/Testing
  Kernel 2.6.5
  Alsa 1.0.4rc2
  Realtime-Lsm 0.1.0

Do you have ideas, before i return the card to the shop ?

Regards,
        Rémi Bernhard.