Re: [linux-audio-user] XRuns with the Audiophile 24/96 M-Audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] XRuns with the Audiophile 24/96 M-Audio
From: Remi Bernhard (rgbmlist2_AT_free.fr)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 14:58:02 EEST

On Sat, 29 May 2004 07:26:44 -0400
Doug James <dcjames_AT_comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 06:49, Remi Bernhard wrote:
> > oot
> > - i even tried to raise buffer at big values : 512, 1024, and even
> > there i have some (1 or 2) xruns
> > - i'm now trying with kernel 2.6.6 to see if things are better
>
> Try using a 2.4.xx kernel. If you browse through the archives, you'll
> see that the 2.6.x kernels aren't quite up to snuff for low latency
> operation.

Yes, i read the archives, and saw that someone else had a problem with
kernel 2.6 and the audiophile.

Although, some people reported that their kernel 2.6.x works better than
kernel 2.4, but they didn't say with wich soundcard. So if someone had
an audiophile with kernel 2.6.x, and no xruns, please tell me !

Regards,
        Remi.