Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour, Jack, and 2.6 kernels

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour, Jack, and 2.6 kernels
From: RTaylor (RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 18:09:24 EEST

On 2004-05-28 12:52:13 +0000 Joe Hartley <jh_AT_brainiac.com> wrote:

> I turn off just about everything that's not related to the recording
> process, including NTP, xscreensaver and a few other things. In addition,
> I run FluxBox (a lightweight WM) rather than either a GNOME or KDE desktop.

  Windowmaker with Gnustep gives you a pretty complete NextStep desktop. It's
nowhere near as heavy as Gnome or KDE and it gives you most of the benefits.
{I'm setting it up now on Fedora2... :} It just sort of popped into my head.}
What I'm seeing as the real benefit is this:

http://www.musickit.org :} Aside from the obvious GNUMail.