Re: [linux-audio-user] wav to mp3 converter

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] wav to mp3 converter
From: Robert Jonsson (rj_AT_spamatica.se)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 14:09:50 EEST

Ok, standard disclaimer.

mp3 is bad, ogg vorbis good! ;-)

I guess there are real world reasons to use mp3 (mainly availability) but they
are quickly going away.

If possible I think one should opt for vorbis.

The latest round of tests:
http://www.rjamorim.com/test/multiformat128/results.html
suggest vorbis is also superior to mp3 when the best encoders are used.

Ogg ogg ogg.
/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/music/