Re: [linux-audio-user] wav to mp3 converter

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] wav to mp3 converter
From: Malcolm Baldridge (linux-audio_AT_paypc.com)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 23:34:10 EEST

> But I still gotta make mp3's. Why? Because I know who I'm
> dealing with. ;-)

That's fine... just use:

find . -name "*.wav" -print -exec lame --vbr-new -b 80 -B 192 {} {}.mp3

Change -b and -B to suit. They are the minimum and maximum bitrate
respectively. If you want CBR, then replace --vbr-new -b 80 -B 192 with -b
bitrate, the default is 128.

After a bit of time, you'll end up with a whole bunch of MP3s.

Good luck!
=MB=

PS: Your "click on the jewel case" just loops back to the "click on a jewel
case" graphic, requiring me to use the alternative link.

--
A focus on Quality.