[linux-audio-user] Re: alsa on hp omnibook 4150 success story

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: alsa on hp omnibook 4150 success story
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 20:07:31 EEST

Jan Weil wrote:

>I just wanted to share this success story (kind of), especially with
>Dave Phillips.
>
>[snip]

Hi Jan:

I'm glad my article helped get your 4150 sounding, but in truth the
thanks must go to Takashi Iwai, he's the one who knew the secret facts
of the NM256. You might also like to know that there is a fix for the
NM256 in current ALSA CVS (and perhaps in the latest release?) that will
prevent it being a show-stopper whenever a live CD such as Apodio or the
AGNULA/Demudi disc recognizes the NM256 (currently they simply stop
booting as soon as they identify the NeoMagic chipset).

Btw, please let me know how well the power management works for you. I
never have got around to testing whether the suspend mode works...

Best regards,

dp