Re: [linux-audio-user] Steinberg The Grand

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Steinberg The Grand
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 17:29:40 EEST

Carl Hetherington wrote:
<SNIP>

>>so the most sensible thing is insert the midi stuff in the audiothread.
>

> That's what I thought. At some stage I'll submit my patch to vsti which
> makes this change there as well.

<SNIP>

Carl,
    I wonder if you have any visibility into a VSTi (specifically Groove
Agent) , when running under vsti, whether vsti is capable of generating
MIDI output? GA can do this under Windows, at least on some platforms,
but when running under vsti on Linux I am unable to see a MIDI output
port from it.

    GA is a very cool 'virtual drummer'. It would be great to record
it's MIDI output to a track to use with other drum synths.

thanks,
Mark