[linux-audio-user] Hardware Hookup

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Hardware Hookup
From: Pete Harlow (peter.harlow_AT_thales-transportservices.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 10:47:40 EEST

I was recently converting some compact cassettes to ogg/flac when I
noticed the stereo image was reversed.

After poking about, I came to the conclusion that:

Left Channel:
White or black phono (RCA) plug
Tip of stereo jack

Right Channel:
Red phono (RCA) plug
Ring of stereo jack

but I couldn't find a definitive answer on the web. I have one
commercially made hookup cable that goes red phono to the tip of the
jack on the other end, and yes, this was the one pugged into the sound
card...

Is this correct?

Regards,

Pete.

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited,
and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete
this message. Thales, its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete
transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.