Re: [linux-audio-user] Make Stereo WAV out of Two Separate Files and Other Weird Activities

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Make Stereo WAV out of Two Separate Files and Other Weird Activities
From: LinuxMedia (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 19:24:31 EEST

idragosani_AT_chapelperilous.net wrote:
> Martin McCormick wrote:
>
>> ... I forgot to mention that X isn't an option...
>
> It's definitely a GUI tool. I think ecasound, a multitrack
> editor/recorder, has a CLI interface...
>
> http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/

I can tell you how to do it with ecasound, but do you want MonoFile1.wav
to be all the way in one channel (for instance only in the left speaker)
and MonoFile2.wav to be only in the (other) channel (for instance) only
in the right speaker (a sterio WAV that is 2 seperate "tracks"). Or do
you want them both to be equal paning (a sterio file that sounds like a
mono file). Or do you want a little of MonoFile1.wav to be a little more
in one speaker, and MonoFile2.wav a little more in the other speaker
(creative panning).

I can show you any of the above.

Rocco