[linux-audio-user] SBLive Capture problem

Subject: [linux-audio-user] SBLive Capture problem
From: Doug Asherman (doug_AT_italcorner.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 03:44:03 EEST

Hi:

I'm fairly new to ALSA, and I'm having a problem with capturing sound on
the SBLive cards line in jack.

Long story short: using alsa 1.0.5 with kernel 2.4.26. Recompiled all
the drivers including SBLive when I rebuilt the kernel. Ran alsaconf to
do automatic set up.

Altered the defaults like so:
amixer sset Capture 33%,33%
amixer sset Line cap 100%,100%

...and what I'm able to record is one channel of what's coming into the
Line In. I know both channels are coming in -- if I set the playback of
Line to 100% I can hear both channels fine.

Has anyone had this problem? I'd appreciate any pointers to a solution.

Thanks,

Doug