Re: [linux-audio-user] deferred freedb.org lookup

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] deferred freedb.org lookup
From: Joey Reid (joe_AT_joeyreid.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 15:52:25 EEST

here's how i do it.

1) create your mp3s. name in track order (01.mp3 etc.)
2) start easytag. cancel the "scanner" window that pops up, and browse
to the directory that contains the mp3s you want to tag.
4) select "Misc > CDDB Search" from menu. type keywords (e.g. artist,
album) in the "Words" field, then click search.
5) find a good set of data. click on the "Select all lines" button (on
the right, looks like a blue square with white stripes) and then apply.
6) close the "CDDB Search" window and return to the main easytag
window. You should now see all your songs with red text. Hit the "Save
button", and your chnages should be written.

i don't know why they call it "easytag", it should be "powertag" - you
can do some pretty cool stuff with it once you get used to it, but it
is anything but easy to use for beginners. play around a bit, and you
will discover all kinds of cool features.

--
Joey Reid aka Dr.Whiz-Bang
Geek, musician, and friend of God