Re: [linux-audio-user] parameters needed for managing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] parameters needed for managing
From: Michele Spinolo (michele.spinolo_AT_tin.it)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 00:18:51 EEST

Hi Robert,

I'm here again to bother you guys on this nice mailing list: I configured
BruteFir that, as Robert supposed, can handle more than one soundcard.
I can run BruteFir, but I have a problem: when I activate more than one
soundcard by BruteFir I can hear some "POPS" coming out from my speaker.
Everything is fine activating only one soundcard.

The soundcards are properly installed and connected by internal wordclock
cable: so two cards are slaved to the master one clock (this is done by HW
settings, I cannot find any information about how to set one card as master
and others as slaves, which is required, for example, under Windows).
A CD player is connected to S/Pdif input of master soundcard, and this card
is setted up by Envy24 Control utility to generate internally a 44100Hz
clock, while others inputs are empty.

I tried to set the card to get the clock signal form s/pdif, but BruteFir
returns a "broken pipe error" with this setup.
This setting can be made only on one card by Envy24 Control utility: I do
not know if it is normal dueing to internal clockword connection between
cards.

I was wondering if "glueing" my three cards into one card as Robert
suggested could solve the "POPS" problem.
Unluckily I have no idea about how to do it, I'm quite new in Linux world
and any help would be really appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance to everyone who can help!
Michele