[linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour and some other test results running jack

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour and some other test results running jack
From: David A. Riggs (spam_riggs_AT_csee.wvu.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 00:59:07 EEST

Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Friday 11 June 2004 17:54, David A. Riggs wrote:
>
>>Wow, this is very sorely needed! I'd literally taken the first steps
>>in writing the same thing last night (unimaginatively called "Jackie"
>>after wishing I had my Mackie console in front of me). I've not had
>>a chance to try and compile it yet, but...
>>Quick question, it looks like the separate channels have independant
>>stereo level faders while the stereo output has a single ganged level
>>fader...this seems backwards to me. Can I easily adjust the L&R of
>>one stereo channel with a single (or ganged double) fader?
>

> Not at the moment, maybe in future I add things like "couple channel X to Y".
> Now that I think of it, that would be a real cool feature, coupling two or
> more channels which don't even have to be neighbours together. And couple
> them only for one output-bus but have the other outputs of the channels
> uncoupled. You understand what I mean? You can couple 2 channels for your
> main-output but control them independent for
> monitors/effects/second_main_out/etc...
>
> Thanks for this idea!

This is a cool idea, but it starts to make a simple, intuitive mixer
a complicated beast...

> I am also planning to make this output-controls configurable so you can choose
> wether you want one fader and a pan-poti for your stereo_out or just two
> faders for left and right...

This is what I was asking about with regard to both the main out and
with regard to individual channels. I want to be able to control the
level of a stereo channel with one fader.

I'm trying to compile 0.0.2 on my Debian sid machine, but not having
any luck getting ./configure to work.

------ ./configure output ------
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (library
qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
lukewarm_AT_cobalt:~$ apt-cache policy libqt3-mt-dev
libqt3-mt-dev:
   Installed: 3:3.2.3-2

Hrmph.

Anyone know if this is the right library package I need, and if
so how to convince autoconf that it's there?

- David A. Riggs <riggs at csee dot wvu dot edu>