Re: [linux-audio-user] Note Edit and LilyPond

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Note Edit and LilyPond
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 14:13:01 EEST

On Wednesday 16 Jun 2004 12:24 pm, Dave Phillips wrote:
> 'convert-ly -f 2.2.0 dp-chorale.ly'
> but it made no difference to the lilypond executable

OK, looks like your file has no version information at the top. Add
this line to the top of the file:

\version "1.8"

and then run convert-ly dp-chorale.ly > db-chorale-2.ly

and then lilypond dp-chorale-2.ly.

I just tried this and it works for me, although the results are not
exactly pretty. Not that I can complain, since it's a multi-voice
staff and that's something Rosegarden doesn't support at all yet:
you'd have to edit the LilyPond file after the fact to do that.

> I'll also be testing Rosegarden's notation export this week. Any
> tips on exporting to LilyPond and/or other RG supported formats ?

Only that I don't have much clue whether the various options in
Rosegarden's Lilypond export dialog actually work -- I didn't
implement most of that stuff and I generally leave it to the defaults
myself. There is an option to choose your Lilypond version between
1.x, 2.0 and 2.2 (assuming you have Rosegarden 0.9.8), and that
option should work.

Don't forget to try Rosegarden's native printing as well -- it's not
as good as Lilypond and never will be, but it's not bad these days.

Chris