Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: producing a drum sample library for hydrogen

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: producing a drum sample library for hydrogen
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 17:56:17 EEST

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:16:46 +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote
> >From: R Parker <rtp405_AT_yahoo.com>
> >
> >I have been discussing the design of a drum sample
> >library for Hydrogen with Comix (Hydrogen author),
>
> Such a sample set would be useful outside of Hydrogen as well.
> How about "public domain" license? We just have to make sure
> people can get the originals if they wish. Is there GPL equivalent
> for samples?

It seems to be a bit of a well kept secret, but the archive.org collection has
an open audio repository:
http://www.archive.org/audio/collection.php?collection=opensource_audio

They will host any audio covered by a creative commons licence.
(http://creativecommons.org/)

I've been using it to host example audio clips of my software, and all of the
music I make now too. We could probably set up a repository for a LAU sample
collection, I've got tons of samples I could upload.

cheers,

dave