Re: [linux-audio-user] Good mixer for Delta 1010LT...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Good mixer for Delta 1010LT...
From: lee (lee_AT_fallingforward.net)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 21:27:52 EEST

derek holzer wrote:

> Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>
>> Is there anything out there other than the regular Alsamixergui or Gnome
>> alsa-mixer that has some flexibility here?
>

> Try envy24control. It's in alsa-tools. It's the only one that lets you
> access all the controls of the soundcard.

The one thing that threw me off (and I believe this qualifies as a bug
or perhaps confusing feature) is the digital mixer for all the channels
gives two faders per channel. So if you raise both faders on channel
one, it will send the same signal to both speakers. If you raise both
faders on channel two, it will do the same, effectively adding the two
signals together giving an output level twice as loud as what's actually
getting sent to the mixer.

The m-audio mixer app on windows doesn't do this, it just joins channel
1 + 2 when you check a bix, which is why I'm calling it a bug.

-lee