Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Sample Rates / Sample Sizes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Sample Rates / Sample Sizes
From: Jan Depner (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 20:01:16 EEST

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 11:40, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> >From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net>
> >
> >I also hear a difference though when I record 24/44.1 and 24/96.
>
> How about 24/48 vs. 24/96? Some cards are optimized to 48 kHz and
> if one goes to use 44.1 kHz the performance may not be optimal.
> It even could be that in some cards the performance is optimized
> for 96 kHz instead of 48 kHz.

        Yes, I hear a difference there as well. What I need to do is write a
script that will play different wav files at random without telling me
which is which. It should record the order in which they are played and
I would then rate them by number. Run it a few times and see if I
really do hear a difference or if it's all in my head. BTW, I'm running
an ST Audio C-Port DSP2000.

Jan