[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] swh plugins and fixing undenormalize

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] swh plugins and fixing undenormalize
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 08:11:34 EEST

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 15:54, Steve Harris wrote:
> http://plugin.org.uk/releases/0.4.4/
>
> * Fixes to build on recent gcc
> * New limiter for beter performance in JAMin
> * Denomal fixes from Tim Blechmann (general and specifially the flanger)
> * Many other things I've forgotten :(
>
> This release is largely untested, I released it because there are a number
> of important outstanding fixes. It may break some plugins, so beware.
>
> - Steve

Sorry for not checking, but I guess it could be good for the record (and
people googling for it) to ask here..
The macro for dealing denormals that I have is:

#define undenormalise(sample) if(((*(unsigned int*)&sample)&0x7f800000)==0)
sample=0.0f

however gcc 3.3 and 3.4 seem to produce an undesired effect
when the optimizer is turned on, rendering this macro unusable..
this breaks freeverb and a few other stuff I have that uses it.

How was/is this fixed properly?

Cheers!

reduz