Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack interface peristance

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack interface peristance
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 18:41:07 EEST

Last Sunday 27 June 2004 11:31, David Baron was like:
> This is not just XMMS but most anything. After the client has terminated
> (or one thinks it had terminated), the connection or connection points
> persists in qjackctl. The program is now unstable and jack must be manually
> killed.

[...]
> How might on fix all this up. Is there a nicer way to restart jackd than to
> find the PID, kill it and restart qjackctl?

I'm frequently resorting to scripts to start my regular jack sessions, in
which
killall foo
foo -bar
works for most things. There's a fairly simple way of scripting a PID 'search
& destroy' mechanism, I haven't quite got frustrated enough times to do it
yet ;-] but any suggestions of a more graceful way to do it appreciated.

cheers

tim hall