Re: [linux-audio-user] Reading/playing a "copy protected" CD : Reed-Solomon correction?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Reading/playing a "copy protected" CD : Reed-Solomon correction?
From: lee (lee_AT_fallingforward.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 07:19:15 EEST

Mikhail Ramendik wrote:

> I tried this before buying the CD. The trick is, I am dealing with
> rather rare music.

May I ask, what rare recording is on a label that participates in this
kind of copy protection? I'm under then impression that many rare
recordings would benefit from further digital distribution. A friend of
mine has quite a large collection of rare garage rock and psychedelic
rock from the 60s he found on Soulseek. Most recording are long out of
print.

-lee