[linux-audio-user] plugging a bass guitar in a linux box

Subject: [linux-audio-user] plugging a bass guitar in a linux box
From: caffeine (caffeine_AT_altern.org)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 16:58:39 EEST

Hi everybody,

I have a bass I'd like to plug in my Debian box. I know lots of people
do it routinely with guitar, but I'm worried about the possible side
effects on my hardware. I know that using a bass on a guitar amp would
blow the thing off, but I don't know if it's just the guitar amp speaker
which is not suited for such frequencies or if it's the electronic which
suffer.
>From what I understand, the "line in" soundcard input shouldn't have any
problem dealing with the bass input, but problems might arise with the
output (ATM this would be my stereo). I don't know enough about sound
processing to be sure my assumptions are right.

Anybody has any idea/knowledge to share ?

thanks in advance.