[linux-audio-user] AIFF files batch-slicing

Subject: [linux-audio-user] AIFF files batch-slicing
From: Christian Frisson (theremin_AT_free.fr)
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 13:32:17 EEST

Hi,

I need to automate a process for slicing audio files in AIFF format on multiple
files everytime perfect silences are met (zero-amplitude). This should be
multiplatform (Linux/Mac/Win) and minimal (no GUI, only command-lines: one
should just have to launch the script / program). The handling of standard UNIX
commands like changing and listing directories, moving or renaming files... is
requested.

I've thought of Octave or Scilab but I couldn't find their Mac version and the
AIFF file-handling wasn't that great. Alternatively, I could write a shell
script, but I think I'd still need a piece of software to understand the audio
files and determine whether it's silent or not. Sox? At last, I could write my
own C software, bearing in mind it may need customizing along the OS where it is
compiled...

Any idea?

Cheers,
Christian Frisson