Re: [linux-audio-user] Audacity now works with JACK

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audacity now works with JACK
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 11:58:38 EEST

> > ./configure --with-portaudio=v19 --without-portmixer
>
> So, does that imply, that portaudio now has working Jack support??

I can confirm that it works with Audacity for playing back multitrack
projects - I haven't done any recording with it yet. It seems to play
back more smoothly than the native ALSA support, which gives me skips
in the audio on this machine. (Using OSS emulation with the same
hardware and drivers sounds perfect.)

If you do a CVS checkout of Audacity HEAD as described, you can build
and install this version of portaudio-v19 separately - it's in the
lib-src directory. Indeed, it seems you do have to do this first to
get Audacity to support JACK properly.

Cheers

Daniel