Re: [linux-audio-user] How to make MIDI works with linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to make MIDI works with linux
From: Eduardo Guerrero (felixe_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 02:50:18 EEST

Use qjackctl so you can connect your midi device to Rosegarden. And if
you want to hear it you can do several ways:

- use Zynaddsubfx (a soft-synth) connected to the midi out of the
keyboard via the qjackctl panel
- use some other soft-synth
- use a soundfont player, I can't recall the name of the one I use.

The first method is my favorite. Zyn is a great synth.

Regards,
Eduardo.