Re: [linux-audio-user] Freeverb (packaged with CMT) and Ardour beta17.1 UPDATE!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Freeverb (packaged with CMT) and Ardour beta17.1 UPDATE!
From: Mike Rawes (mike_rawes_AT_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 09:46:17 EEST

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:59:22 -0700
Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan_AT_starband.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 13:59, Mike Rawes wrote:
> > On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:15:59 -0700
> > Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan_AT_starband.net> wrote:

> > > Just tried this in AMS 1.8.3...Freeverb is not working in AMS
> > > either so I wan't to exclude Ardour as being any part of the
> > > problem here.
> > >
> > > I tried TAP reverb in AMS and it works fine.
> > >
> > > So what might have change in the CMT version of Freeverb? I
> > > origianlly had CMT 1.15-2mdk.rpm installed. These are Mandrake
> > > rpm's...I also downloaded CMT 1.15-3.mdk.rpm and installed and it
> > > is the same thing. Any one know anything about the specifics of
> > > the CMT package of LADSPA plugs that may be relevant?
> >
> > The float denormal macro defined in Freeverb/Components/denormals.h
> > doesn't come out too well with recent gcc - I replaced it with this
> > (which turned up on this list during a discussion about denormal
> > handling):
> >
> > static inline float
> > undenormalise(volatile float s)
> > {
> > s += 9.8607615E-32f;
> > return s - 9.8607615E-32f;
> > }
> >
> > It should be fine after that.
>
> Great! So ....Where the heck do I find this on my Mandrake 10.0
> system? Is it something I can edit in a file on my system with the
> present CMT LADSPA install or is it more complex than that?

Sorry - I wasn't thinking. To apply this fix means you need the source.
(And the discussion was not on _this_ list at all - it was on LAD!)

You can try this binary, which is just the plugins compiled on my system
(AthlonXP 2000+, so it should be OK on yours:)

http://waxfrenzy.org/cmt.so.txt

[Misconfigured webserver, so I had to add a .txt]

As root, do
cp cmt.so.txt /usr/lib/ladspa/cmt.so

[/usr/lib/ladspa is the standard place for plugins - you might want to
confirm with locate cmt.so first]

As Malcolm said, the issue is controversial - the maintainers of the RPM
package should probably apply the fix for now...

-
Myk