Re: [linux-audio-user] Lib_fst + VST server...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Lib_fst + VST server...
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 19:09:20 EEST

On 07-Jul-2004 Russell Hanaghan wrote:

} All I want is to have a few options up my sleeve with basic reverbs,
} delays and maybe a Vocoder and chorus. There are some good LADSPA plugs
} and I use them all the time. I'm just a glutton!! :))

 There are many folk that will want to use b4 or fm7 or cube or one of Arturias
Moog emulations or kontact or intakt regardless of what platform it's running
on.

 {This would be because they've lost many hours of sleep learning to run them
properly.}

 These people will use the platform upon which their chosen instrument {or
firewire card} will operate... contribute to that platform ...advertise that
platform by word of mouth {or in various online forums} ...answer various
questions like "hey' I've heard you can do such-and-such on *****" with the
appropriate yes or no response ...form user groups to further the use of said
platform, spend money on said platform, actually use said platform, etc, etc,
etc...

97% of the above mentioned users give not a fig as to whether or not the above
mentioned platform is 10, 20 or 100% open source. Tho' many folk do find the
idea to be offensive. {Mainly because they've not read or understood the GPL
tho' it would seem that many of them take issue with the authors themselves.}

I'm purposely leaving this train of thought incomplete.

E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 08-Jul-2004
Time: 10:41:52

This message was sent by XFMail