Re: [linux-audio-user] Finale for Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Finale for Linux
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 00:45:02 EEST

On 08-Jul-2004 Them wrote:
} RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net wrote:
}
} > Animation {2d} flash, svg} is lacking ...Tho' it's getting attended to and
} > getting better.} I don't think there's a usable professional solution yet.
} > There is java but that's not going to appeal to many folk. There's Moho but
} > no one's ever heard of it.
}
} Actually, I use Moho... it's pretty cool, and even supports IK. Amazing
} that it isn't marketed more aggressively. It's only $99.00 and is
} pretty advanced.

 It is pretty nice. I still need to pay for a copy. Supposedly Macromedia
intends to port Flash pretty soon though...

} > Video... needs much work. It would be nice if Avid would port. Main Actor
} > pretty good... though convincing folk of that is something similar to the
} > photoshop thing. Kdenlive looks like it will be a good solution very soon.
} > Cinelerra seems to me to be a solution for folk building systems.
}
} If you can get it to run. Jahshaka and Kino are moving along as free
} alternative, but of course they can't compare to Adobe or Avid software.

 Jahshaka's ok... it strikes me as incomplete. I don't really like the editor
in Kino. Kdenlive strikes me as an excellent solution {Tho' it's incomplete it
is coming along fairly quickly.}

} > I'm surprised that the SGI ports of Inventor, etc don't get more press {or
} > use}. openh323, openexr, theora or dirac don't get more press or attention.
}
} Open EXR is probably the most famous... many Linux graphics apps support
} it directly (CinePaint, K-3D, for instance).

 Both of which I use. {Tho' I don't have any real interest in 3d... I should
say "I use CinePaint... K3d has a home on my harddrive". I'll get to it
eventually.}

 ...You rarely hear them discussed anywhere and they all strike me as selling
points for linux.

E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 08-Jul-2004
Time: 16:36:25