[linux-audio-user] setting the load-path for snd extensions

Subject: [linux-audio-user] setting the load-path for snd extensions
From: Joel Roth (res0u2uc_AT_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 04:17:57 EEST

I'm following Dave Phillips tutorials to configure
extensions for snd, and having trouble

I'm using debian, with .scm files in /usr/share/scm

$ snd --version
This is Snd version 5.9 of 15-Apr-02:
    Xen: 1.2, Guile: 1.4
    OSS 3.8.2
    Sndlib 15.2 (29-Mar-02, int24 samples)
    CLM 2.4 (8-Apr-02)
    GSL 1.0
    Motif 2.1.30 X11R6
    Xpm 3.4.11
    with LADSPA
    Compiled Apr 18 2002 11:34:47
    C: 2.95.4 (Debian prerelease)
    Libc: 2.3.2.stable

After much trial and error, I think I have
the %load-path part figured out.

<in listener>

(set! %load-path (cons "/usr/share/snd" %load-path))
(display %load-path)

  (/usr/share/snd /usr/share/guile/site /usr/share/guile/1.4 /usr/share/guile .)

[at first I was expecting this output in the listener;
it came out in the xterm.]

(load-from-path "snd-motif.scm")

  Syntax error in fixed argument declaration
  (load-from-path "snd-motif.scm")

(load "/usr/share/snd/snd-motif.scm")

  Syntax error in fixed argument declaration
  (load "/usr/share/snd/snd-motif.scm")

This similarity leads me to believe that I've gotten %load-path
right.

But what about the error? snd-motif.scm is huge,
and not even a line number in the error message.
How do you scheme/guile people debug??
How do you snd users get this working?

These extensions seem really juicy, though I can't
seem to get them loaded properly. I keep lifting
the Tantalusian goblet to my lips....

Any pointers for a new scheme/snd user?

--
Joel Roth