[linux-audio-user] [ANN] ams-1.8.6 - Barber Poles

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] ams-1.8.6 - Barber Poles
From: Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 16:59:04 EEST

Hello,

recently I discovered cool Barber Pole modules on Don Buchla's page
(www.buchla.com). I remembered that the manual of my Doepfer system
mentioned something about these effects, so I looked it up (you can
also find it online at www.doepfer.de/a191.htm) and started to implement
a special LFO for generation of Shepard tones and other spiral sound effects.
Here is the result: ams-1.8.6 with several barberpole patches in the demos
folder. Pitch- and ModWheel are bound in most examples. Try to set Gain Saw
to 1.334 in the Barber Pole module of example_barberpole.ams. It might
also be interesting to further decrease the LFO frequency.

Note: You may have to adjust the mixer/PCM Out volumes when playing
the examples polyphonically.

Don't forget that AlsaModularSynth requires the MCP/VCO/REV plugins by
Fons Adriaensen. Efficiency and power of Fons' phaser is seen in
example_barberpole_phaser* where 8 of them are used in a single patch.

Have a lot of fun !

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni