Re: [linux-audio-user] wav (or something other) to mmf converter

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] wav (or something other) to mmf converter
From: Brett W. McCoy (idragosani_AT_chapelperilous.net)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 23:06:46 EEST

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> It is common file extension for SMAF file, if I understand well.
> Fragment from http://smaf-yamaha.com/what/about.html:
>
> "...SMAF stands for "Synthetic music Mobile Application Format",
> and is a multimedia data format invented by the YAMAHA CORPORATION.
> The SMAF specification defines a format for multimedia files which
> can be played back on hand-held portable devices. The SMAF file has
> the virtue that files sizes are small relative to those of
> comparable formats, such as SMF (standard MIDI)..."

Maybe you can try running the tools on the site under Wine.

Yamaha provides the specification on their site. Maybe someone will
write a native Linux tool someday based on that.

-- Brett
Rule of Feline Frustration:
         When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly
         content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the
         bathroom.