[linux-audio-user] TR-909 Drum synth patches for AMS

Subject: [linux-audio-user] TR-909 Drum synth patches for AMS
From: Stanley Jaddoe (linux-audio-user_AT_terabytemusic.cjb.net)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 15:03:16 EEST

At the moment, there's a lack of real drum synthesizers in the Linux Audio
world.

Drum synthesis instead of sampling is important to emulate the dynamic sound
of -for example- the TR-909 hand clap, which is generated out of white noise.

You can find some patches for Alsa Modular Synth here:
https://sigterm.demon.nl/~stanley/drumsynth/

Most patches don't sound like the real 808/909, because they need some/much
more tweaking. Feel free to improve the patches.

I'm now trying to decipher the original schematics of the TR-909, my aim is to
write a separate 909 softsynth (clone), because Alsa Modular Synth is too
limiting (difficult/impossible to create drum maps, difficult to handle
multiple instances of AMS, etc)

Regards,
Stanley Jaddoe