[linux-audio-user] hdparm and SATA

Subject: [linux-audio-user] hdparm and SATA
From: Matthew Barber (brbrofsvl_AT_aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 01:40:01 EEST

->The rest of the IDE stuff shouldn't apply to SATA unless the standards
committees have done a real botched job of things.<-

I have one Seagate Barracuda SATA drive that is seen by the system BIOS
on the primary master IDE channel. I suspect different boards and BIOSs
will handle SATA differently - some will handle it as some kind of SCSI,
and some as some kind of IDE, but I could be wrong. I have used hdparm
on my SATA drive as though it were an IDE, but it didn't change much.

Matt