Subject: [linux-audio-user] ZynAddSubFX software synthesizer 2.0.0pre1 released
From: Paul Paul (paulgfx_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 11:39:04 EEST
I am Paul, the author of the software synthesizer
I made a pre-release version. Please get it from
2.0.0_pre1 (17 Iul 2004)
- Added a new powerful synth engine which is
called PADsynth, you can
make very beautifull pads and even some strange sounds
- Now is used the XML format for all
zynaddsubfx parameters(.XMZ for
master parameters, .XIZ for instrument parameters and
.XSZ for scale
parameters).You can import older parameters. All
parameters files are
compressed with gzip algorithm.
- Some parameters has changed and you might
ecounter different sounds
that you saved in the older versions of zynaddsubfx
- The instrument banks are no longer single
files, but directories that
contains instrument .XIZ files (you can organize them
even with a file
manager). Also, you can use more than 1 banks easily.
- Added a new effect called DynamicFilter that
allows you to do
WahWah,AutoWah, VocalMorpher and other effects
- Started to write a small sequencer that
allows to load and play a
midi file from zynaddsubfx (unfinished)
- ZynAddSubFX is available from CVS, too.
Please look at the
sourceforge project page to get more information (
- The waveform generator (OscilGen) has many
new parameters :) also if
you press the "Shift" key, you can draw the hamonics
- Many user interface improvements
- You can load a file at the start of the
program with "-l"
command-line parameter and you can run zynaddsubfx w/o
user interface with "-U"
- It is possible to dump all MIDI notes into a
- The instruments can contain comments and
copyright information in
order to encourage sharing of them
- FFT3W library is supported
- More "randomness" options
- Other impovements
- Many, many bugfixes
- Added the full changelog (since I started to
write zynaddsubfx), most
is in Romanian
The documentation for this version is not written.
Please wait for a while
until I'll write it.
I recomand you to test the instruments, because I
added many new instruments.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out!
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Mon Jul 19 2004 - 11:42:11 EEST