[linux-audio-user] Re: Terratec usb 2x6 aureon 5.1

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Terratec usb 2x6 aureon 5.1
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 01:11:30 EEST

Hallo,
juto aviten hat gesagt: // juto aviten wrote:

> I received my aureon5.1 terratec, and I try to make it work, I use the
> modules.conf & .asoundrc from alsa-project.org and I have sound, linux
> reconize it but there is no mixer and I don't how to use the different
> channels... do you have an idea of what I need to do?

I don't use an asoundrc.

There should be a mixer, at least I have one:

$ amixer scontrols
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
Simple mixer control 'PCM Capture Source',0
Simple mixer control 'PCM',1
Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
Simple mixer control 'Auto Gain Control',0
Simple mixer control 'Speaker',0
Simple mixer control 'Speaker',1

One can however only control mixer levels for all 6 channels at once,
as you see above. What does "amixer" or "alsamixer" tell about your
card?

To use the six channels, you need software that is multi-channel
aware. Jack would be one:

$ jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw:0 &
jackd 0.94.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|rt|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw:0 for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead

$ jack_lsp
alsa_pcm:capture_1
alsa_pcm:capture_2
alsa_pcm:playback_1
alsa_pcm:playback_2
alsa_pcm:playback_3
alsa_pcm:playback_4
alsa_pcm:playback_5
alsa_pcm:playback_6

You see all the Terratec ins and outs here.

Ciao