Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Studio Hearphones

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Studio Hearphones
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 17:14:30 EEST

stefano cardo wrote:
> Hi all!!
>
> I was looking for a good Studio hearphones...
>
> I saw the sennheiser HD 555...
>
> It costs 165 € more or less...
>
> did you ever tried it?
>
> or...
>
> can you suggest something good?
>
> I don't need hearphones for DJ, I use it for classical works.
>
> thanks in advance!!
>
> ste
>

> Stefano Cardo

Stefano,
    I use two pairs all the time - a version of the AKG 240 and some
Sony 7506's. Both are good headphones, and popular, but they sound very
different. I would strongly thing the 240's are better for classical
work, but they do not eliminate as much room noise as the Sony
headphones. Not sure if that is important in your environment.

    As for the Sennheisers, I would suggest that you make sure they are
comfortable to your head and ears. I have never been as comforable with
them on as I am with the ones I own. If headphones aren't comfortable
then you won't be happy wearing them.

    Good luck finding a set that works well for you.

Cheers,
Mark