Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Studio Hearphones

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Studio Hearphones
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 19:58:21 EEST

--- stefano cardo <stefano.cardo_AT_fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> Hi all!!
>
> I was looking for a good Studio hearphones...
>
> I saw the sennheiser HD 555...
>
> It costs 165 € more or less...
>
> did you ever tried it?
>
> or...
>
> can you suggest something good?

I'm pretty happy with Audio Technica ATH-D40fs. The
important thing to me is durability. I don't mix with
headphones. I do use them to reference mixes. I really
use them in the studio rooms when recording bands.

Headphones get stepped and sat on, thrown on the
floor, cords are pulled, etc. They are abused alot.
I've had five pairs of these for about three years.
None are blown, all are physically OK. That's real
good for headphones.

ron