Re: [linux-audio-user] good studio monitors

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] good studio monitors
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 14:54:41 /etc/localtime

Florin Andrei wrote:
> I'm quite familiar with a wide range of high-end studio headphones, but
> i'm much less familiar with studio monitors.
>
> So, what do you guys own or use? What do you recommend?

<SNIP>

NHT Pro A-10's. I do not recommend them as I had grown to hate them in
my old studio. Their overall tonal balance is pretty good, but at the
end of a couple of hours I always feel worn out listening to them. I
only paid $350 for the set including the power amp. I haven't set them
up yet in my new space. Currently I'm mixing in my Great Room (A 16 foot
by 48 foot space) using some high-end Theil speakers. I greatly prefer
it to near field monitors at this point.

> http://www.adam-audio.com/
>
> Also, i've heard a lot about Genelec, but never had a chance to listen
> to them. Comments?
>
> How about Mackie?

No experience with the Genelec or Mackies. I know a coupl eof folks who
swear by the Adam's stuff.

Cheers,
Mark