Re: [linux-audio-user] live music with linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] live music with linux
From: Jonathan Segel (jsegel_AT_magneticmotorworks.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 20:45:02 /etc/localtime

me too! last tuesday night on kpfa.
http://www.kpfa.org/archives/music/archives.php?id=76
i'm going from 38:50 to 1:17:30 on this broadcast segment. it's
chaotic, running SC3 on a mac powerbook and SC3 +jackrack + freqtweak
on my planet-ccrma laptop simultaneously. i had live mics running
into the linux machine, played violin and electric bass, while
running their lines into the mac laptop. lots of ffts.

had a freqtweak crash about 3/4 of the way through that took jack
down with it! accessing presets (the freqtweak preset fader, trying
to load a preset) froze freqtweak and jackd, qjackctl. couldn't kill
jack from qjackctl, had to type. live typing!

the sudden ending is a specific fft magnitude freezer popping all SC3
output to -1s on the mac. a problem i thought i could avoid. oh well.

antoine rivoire wrote:
>Excellent.
>I did my first gig with linux at the end of April. I was using mostly
>SC3, and a bit of Klupper through Freqtweak.

> Dave Griffiths wrote:
> > Hi all,
>>
>> Thought I'd report on my first live gig experience with linux (or anything
>> else for that matter) at the placard headphone festival:
> > http://state51.org/placard/

Jonathan Segel  <--                                    --> MAGNETIC
    jsegel_AT_magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite_AT_yahoo.com
                 http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com