Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] good studio monitors

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] good studio monitors
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 00:47:01 EEST

Hallo,
Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano hat gesagt: // Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 18:31, Florin Andrei wrote:
> > Where do you get all those funds from, anyway? :-)
>
> Well, we have a couple of money trees in the yard (not very big), we
> just go out when they are ready, climb on ladders and harvest the bigger
> notes, we don't bother with the 20's, ha ha ha :-) Funding for anything
> is definitely not easy...

Although I remember very lively that certain look you had when Goetz
Dipper showed you, Dave P. and me around at the ZKM 2003 and we
arrived at the ZKM's speaker room. Quote: "Man, we don't have
something like *this* at CCRMA. I want them all." ;)

Now, back on topic: I "am shopping" for monitors for quite a while
now, without really being able to decide. I don't have a garden and
thus no Euro trees, so I'm very curious to hear as many opinions as
possible. Currently I'm considering things liek the Event TR6 or TR8,
the Fostex PM2 or maybe the KRK RP6 or RP8, but those don't seem to be
available in Germany yet.

Anyon has any experiences with these?

Unfortunatly Genelec, Adam or even Mackie is above my budget, and as
I'm not really doing mixing (just "monitoring" my stuff), I consider
them overkill for my needs anyway.

Ciao