[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 10, Issue 101

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 10, Issue 101
From: Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen (k.s.matheussen_AT_notam02.no)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 09:44:32 EEST

Florin Andrei:

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 06:55, Dave Griffiths wrote:

>> Before the gig I went through my cron jobs commenting them all out just in
>> case. slocate is particually annoying - I guess most people disable this
>> anyway - even with jack using such a large buffer, all the disk access caused
>> problems.
>
>slocate is always among the first packages i remove after installing a
>system. Have no use for it, and it is very annoying.

I do a more general approach; turn off all cron-jobs if anyone is logged
in.

After installation, this script is run:

"
if grep "run-parts " >/dev/null /etc/crontab ; then
    cp -f /etc/crontab /etc/crontab.org
    sed s/run-parts\ /run-parts2\ / </etc/crontab.org >/etc/crontab
    echo "crontab changed"
fi
if grep "run-parts " >/dev/null /etc/anacrontab ; then
    cp -f /etc/anacrontab /etc/anacrontab.org
    sed s/run-parts\ /run-parts2\ / </etc/anacrontab.org >/etc/anacrontab
    echo "anacrontab changed"
fi
"

and /usr/bin/run-parts2 looks like this:

"
#!/bin/bash

if ! ps -A |grep ssh-agent ; then
    run-parts $@
fi
"

At least this works for fedora core 1. Don't know about other
distributions.