Re: [linux-audio-user] USB-Audio latency

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB-Audio latency
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 23:01:53 EEST

Hallo,
Polashek, Matthew hat gesagt: // Polashek, Matthew wrote:

> Oh, so if I ewere to set it to 1 would I do:
>
> modprob snd-usb-audio nrpacks=$F1 ?
No:

modprobe snd-usb-audio nrpacks=1

The $FOO was meant as a variable (many programming languages use $ as
variable identifiers, even Pd does.)

> also, will I need to remove the module before installing it again?

I think, yes.

If you want to make it permanent add it to /etc/modules.conf (2.4)
or /etc/modprobe.conf (2.6) but probably your distribution has a
better way to set up module options. On Debian it's called
"update-modules"

Ciao