Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 12:57:51 EEST

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 15:26, Dave Robillard wrote:
> So, what features are important to you in a synth? What annoys you
> about the current crop of linux synths?

Only that the mostly work only as jack clients, not as DSSI/MuseSoftsynth
plugins. I can see that a modular synth would be hard to make work in
these systems (because ofthe automation complexity), but a frozen version
of a particular setup could be made to appear as a muse/ssi synth.

I understand that DSSI and Muse softsynth APIs are not widely used (2 DSSI
hosts, and 1 Muse that I know of), but more synths would propote more host
support.

> Already planned (* = working right now):
>
> * Low latency realtime operation via Jack
> * 100% LADSPA plugins, not Yet Another Internal Plugin Format

> - (DSSI and perhaps VST are being considered)

Do you mean working as, or loading?

- Steve