Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 19:53:14 EEST

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 03:42, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Dave Robillard wrote:
>
> > So, what features are important to you in a synth? What annoys you
> > about the current crop of linux synths?
>
> I think the most important feature in such a project is that it is well
> documented. I know it's a drag to do for most programmers, but it's
> very, very important, and a weak spot with many (most) Open Source
> projects (you didn't say, but I assume your planning on Open Source...).
>
> For instance I've been using csound for over two years, but would really
> like to check out supercollider. But the level of DIY/hackerism involved
> in the SC-doc means that I never find the time to get started.

All that you need to know about this one is the OSC messages it
understands, and there will be an implementation chart, as well as an
'explanation' document of how everything works.

I want to encourage developers to write front ends as much as possible,
so documentation won't be a problem.

(As a sidenote, I personally found the built in supercollider
documentation really helpful..)

-DR-