Re: [linux-audio-user] (OT) gnome-terminal performance

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] (OT) gnome-terminal performance
From: Chris Pickett (chris.pickett_AT_mail.mcgill.ca)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 05:07:21 EEST

LinuxMedia wrote:
>>>usually i just work with 2 or three terminals full
>>>screen, but occasionally unmaximize them.
>

> Does it have a "tab" type of thing. You know... one window with the
> ablility to click to different occurances. It's getting to the point
> were just about everything that I use has tabs... Netscape, "Console"
> (KDE X terminal). Even Konqueror (KDE's File-Manager/Web-Browser) has tabs.
>
> ...One window for each program and an uncluttered system tray.

I do like this about programs, but aterm doesn't have it. It isn't
really a GUI application at all (which is why I love it, really). When
I was using fluxbox, it had the ability to tab applications at the
window manager level, and I thought that was really neat. Now I'm using
GNOME 2.6, and it doesn't have it, but it's no big deal to me.

Chris