[linux-audio-user] Green's Functions Solutions for Audio

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Green's Functions Solutions for Audio
From: davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 17:30:34 EEST

Greetings all,

This is probably more for developers, but I don't subscribe to that list and
don't intend to, hence...

I have published some notes on the use of Green's functions in audio. I have
used the techniques described to create accurate 3-D stereo images as well
as to produce instruments. I hope to release software some day. Meanwhile,
for those with some knowledge of mathematical physics, these notes may prove
to be helpful. These notes are rough drafts, so please do contact me regarding
errors; my email address should be easily recontructable from the URL below.

http://home.earthlink.net/~davidrclark/linux_audio_users/index.html

File: greens.tgz

Contains five notes:

greens_3d.pdf (Green's Function Method for Creating Accurate Stereo Sound
   Images)
greens_3d_vol.pdf (Ibid: Volumetric Sources)
greens_cyl.pdf (Ibid: Cylindrical Volumes)
greens_1d.pdf (Ibid: Simple One-Dimensional Example)
greens_plucked.pdf (Ibid: Simple Plucked String)

For those who have not yet heard the old demo (January 2004), it's at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~davidrclark/latest.mp3

with description at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~davidrclark/latest_mp3.html

Some time ago, people have suggested a plug-in. I've given that some more
thought, but I don't think it'll be easy to do. I wish it were. Also, I
just don't have the time to work it all out in detail. My methods work
fine for me at this time.

Dave.