[linux-audio-user] help needed with RME MADI card

Subject: [linux-audio-user] help needed with RME MADI card
From: Ben (ben_AT_glw.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 18:56:57 EEST

I recently picked up an RME HDSP MADI card to test it as a playback
source for a digital mixing console. For testing purposes, I loaded it
onto a VIA epia board (yes, you read that right, 600 MHz, baby!) and
installed the recently released DeMuDi 1.2. When DeMuDi loads, the
first thing I do is modprobe snd-hdpsm. Then I can start jackvia
qjackqtl and it shows 64 record channels and 64 playback channels.
Success!! kinda....

Now I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to change the mixer settings.
I've studied all the info at the ALSA site and on Winfried Ritsch's
site but I'm too much of a noob to know what it means.

hdspmixer apparently does not support this card yet. It says:
        Card 0 : RME HDSP MADI at 0xde000000, irq 10
        No Hammerfall DSP card found
alsamixer seems to have no effect (?) I think the playback channels are
not routed to the outputs.
Winfried has some example apps that use the hwdep-interface to set
mixer values but the .tgz file seems to be corrupt. using tar -xvf or
-xvf it reports the file is not in gzip format.

Questions:
How do I set up the card so that Jack can read/write all 64 inputs and
outputs, with no attenuation in the card's mixer?
Does anybody have a valid hwdep-interface example for this card? (I am
trying to contact Winfried but I'm not sure I have a valid email
address for him)

Thanks for any help,
Ben Loftis